You may provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) to us in the following ways:
- by registering as a Member
- by subscribing to the newsletter
- by sharing personal information when you post comments on blog posts, such as your email address or Twitter handle
- by contacting us through our contact page, or by emailing us at one of our email addresses listed on the Site, like our contact page
In addition to PII, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) from Users when they visit the site.
Depending on the portion of the Site and Service that you interact with, PII we collect may include your:
- full name
- email address
- mailing address
- profile photo you submit
- Username or login IDs for Twitter or Facebook
NPII we collect when you visit the Site may include:
- your IP address
- your approximate geographic location
- the operating system you are using
- the Internet browser you are using
- the Web page you requested to visit
Depending on the portion of the Service and Site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways:
- If you choose to subscribe (opt-in) to our newsletter, we will send our periodic newsletter to the email address you provided. Members can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us through our contact page or one of our email addresses listed on the Site will not be used for any reason except for responding to your inquiry.
- From time to time, we may organize contests and other promotions. If you share information with us directly or through one of the third party service providers, we may use the email address you provided in order to notify you of the results
- We may use your NPII to monitor Site usage trends and improve the User experience.
Below are the privacy policies of some of the other third parties who may indirectly provide services to us:
Click “My Account -> Edit Account” to edit your personal information. While most of the information in your profile can be edited, many of the fields are required in order to complete the modification to your profile. Also please note that you cannot change your username.
If you would like to delete your Membership account, please send me an email from the email address that is associated with your Membership account at email@example.com. Please let us know your username in that email, so that we may complete your request accurately.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to me from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of PII. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet.